RenoTTS Server (Beta)
See also: https://renotts.com
A project that I've been building in my spare time, RenoTTS Server is an open source application written in Go.
Currently in Beta, it provides a REST interface for local text-to-speech (TTS) requests via AWS.
RenoTTS is intended to be installed on a SBC such as Raspberry Pi or NextThings C.H.I.P. which would then be plugged into a speaker in order to play speech.
Also included are device handlers for the Samsung SmartThings system which allow SmartThings "SmartApps" to communicate with a cheap connected speaker. Also, the go application itself supports UPNP discovery and REST requests via POST, making it trivial to integrate into other systems.
- Single file binary + handlers for SmartThings
- Can play media internally (no outside player necessary)
- Queries and caches AWS Polly TTS streams
- UPNP discoverable
- Plenty of configuration options
- Internal "Test" interface
- Creates user-specific configuration for use with systemctl along with customized, user-specific instructions for installing at boot
SmartThings Handler Source: